Address

  • White Instagram Icon

© Copyright 2023 by SABS. 

13 rue de Fatick, Point E Dakar, SENEGAL

BP 25159 Fann                                                     

Tel(Office): +221 33 824 35 06

Fax: +221 33 864 05 52

Email: sabs.sn@gmail.com 

www.sabseducation.com/

Contact Us

Bilingual Programs

 

​Pre-school (2 – 5 years old ) 

The Montessori educational philosophy underpins our program. It supports the child in various development stages and allows for easy integration into various educational systems.

Primary School ( 5 - 11 years old)

The 5 - year cycle (CP - CM2) culminates with the C.F.E.E. Class size is usually about 20 students per class. Our program is bilingual, with 30% of courses are in English and  the rest in French.

 

The American track is spread over 6 years (1st - 6th Grade). The courses are in English (70%) and the remaining 30% in include learning French as a second language. ​

Middle School and High School (12 - 18 years old)


In 7th and 8th Grades (6ème and 5ème), the subjects taught in French (50%) and English (50%) are:
In French: history, geography, French, music, physical education, art.
In English: mathematics, science, English.

After 8th Grade, a student may opt for:


The BFEM (4ème - 3ème) where all the courses are taught in French (Senegalese program)
The American program (9th - 12th Grade) that allows to go to the American universities. (See Requirements for the High School Diploma)

 

Select students from the Senegalese program may also join the American program after the BFEM. 
 
The completion of all academic and community service requires results in obtaining either the HSD with Advanced Placement (AP) coursework  or the Senegalese Baccalauréat .    

Grading Policy

 

N.B: In the Senegalese program, homework is marked out of 20. The conditions for transfer to the upper class are as follows:

6ème & 5ème / 7th and 8th grades
Have a grade point average greater than or equal to 11. Also, the student should not have any final marks which are inferior to 10 / 20 in primary subjects (maths, English, French) and must a passing grade in other subjects.

4ème & 3ème
                      - Have an overall grade point average greater than or equal to 11, with at least a 10 in English, mathematics and science, and a minimum of 9/20 in French.  

2nde & 1ère
                      - Have an overall grade point average greater than or equal to 11, with at least a 10 in English, mathematics and science, and a minimum of 9/20 in French.  

American program: grades 9th, 10th, 11th, & 12th

Grading Policy

A                 4              Excellent           90% - 100%               

B                 3              Good                 80% - 89%                

C                 2              Satisfactory       70% - 79%                

D                 1              Unsatisfactory   60% - 69%  (only 1 subject allowed)               

F                 0              Failing                         - 59%     

N.B: In the American program, coursework is graded out of 100 points. Students must maintain the following grading standard:

- Have a yearly average of at least 75 and not have below 70 in 2 or more core subjects (English, French, mathematics, social sciences and sciences).
 
In the event that the student has difficulties in certain subjects, the administration will explore possibilities for academic support. However, if no progress is observed the student may be at risk of repeating the year or attending summer school.